Thread: T Ball
View Single Post
Old Thu Jun 25, 2009, 01:06pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIZFKU View Post
I think the question was just regarding whether a thrown ball that makes contact with a coach in the field of play is dead or live.

If a thrown ball hits a base coach, the ball remains live.

Let people learn the rules without the run around man. This is here to provide good discussion and a baseball education.
But, you don't learn the rules in Tball. Certain rules do/should not apply to Tball. So, there is no way to learn them.

Such as this case. If the base coach does it intentional such as picks it up to give it to the 3B man, are you going to call out the runner? I wouldn't. It would be a "Don't do that" issue at this level.

If you want a baseball education, leave out the Tball part. B/c many baseball rules do/should not relate to Tball. At the Tball level, KISS. These kids are just learning to hit and catch. Now, throw in the more complicated rules and they will have no fun b/c of some OOO.

Also, it has been my experience that parents are the worst at not knowing the rules and bothering officials(kids) after the game instead of just letting it go. Now, make a call they completely don't understand and the official is making it harder on himself. Tball is a completely different application of rules.