Thread: Crash Rule
View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 23, 2009, 12:29am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to swkansasref33
Crash Rule

I felt like i blew this one, so i overturned it, and my rule books are buried in boxes somewhere with my recent move.
Jr Legion Ball game.

Play at the plate, catcher goes up the line to somewhere probably around the edge of the circle, player trying to score from second, braces himself and runs into the catcher, who at the last second was pulled into the running lane trying to field the ball. I originally called the runner safe due to catcher being pulled up the line, V coach asked me to clarify my interp of the rule, and i got with my partner, and decided to call the runner out, and warn him next time to avoid the catcher. I ate this one, as my partner missed a call on a play at third. After overturning my call, 1st base coach of home team comes running up to me and screams. I didnt dump him, and i should have, so ill be kicking myself for a few days over that, then move on. partner and i both had EJ's on different sitchs.
I ONLY WANT CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM, AND NO BASHING OF OTHER'S OPINIONS, AS IT ONLY WASTES TIME OF OTHER PEOPLE READING THIS. THANK YOU!!!!

Last edited by swkansasref33; Tue Jun 23, 2009 at 12:53am.