View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 17, 2009, 07:05pm
Official Forum Member

F.Y.I. This is a general comment and not directed toward Rachel or specifically to anyone else on this board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA View Post
Should we stop saying the player or umpire blew the play/call or the wind is blowing? Guess Bob Dylan can no longer perform "Blowin' in the Wind".

Now I know why the gallery emits oohs and aahs when a the golf ball rims the cup or the basketball rims the hoop. I always thought it was because it was such a close and exciting shot! And what is that thing called a rimshot? That must really be disgusting! And what about that Ride the Rails to the Rim Tour of the Grand Canyon? Probably don't want to go there.

Wish people would keep their "moral idealogy" in their own circles. Don't they realize that if they consider something inappropriate, vulgar or disgusting, it is their mind looking for the worst in something that causes it to be so? It's like shooting yourself in the foot and then wondering why you are having a difficult time walking!

Okay, done with that, at least here.

AFA the BU rotating home. I'm still trying to figure out how the BU can be unemployed anytime with a single runner. This "old" mechanic cannot be done without leaving 2B uncovered. Until the runner actually gets to 3B, there is always the possibility s/he can reverse course.

I actually had this happen last night. R1 tagged up at 1B on a long caught fly that was at about 320-325' deep. He had good speed and was more than 3/4 to 3B when he realized he was dead and reversed direction. I was in a holding zone watching my partner bring him to 3B.

If I had moved into the field to take the call and my partner broke off to cover home, neither of us would have been in position to make that out call on the throw back to 2B. Luckily, my partner (new umpire) correctly stayed with the runner and made the call.