View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 15, 2009, 10:12pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtrooper View Post
We have 6U Teams at our local Softball League and we have had more problems with the 6U coaches than any other age group. I was completely amazed by the attitudes of the coaches at this level. I would like to see the girls play ball and have fun, instead of seeing their parents/coaches make themselves look like fools. Some of these coaches were beyond out of control. We had one that cursed and threatened to physically assault a fellow Umpire over a force cal at first. I agree that a new or youth Umpire would be better off learning to Umpire by calling at least 10U games with a Senior Umpire.
Sadly, the only physical confrontation I've ever had to witness was in the first league I ever called - at age 15. I believe I've mentioned this before, but two coaches (yes, the coaches) almost went at it. One of the coaches was my former coach, and the other coach was a real piece of trash that shouldn't ever be placed in charge of children. The players (ages 9 through 13) were the ones to hold them back.

Just sickening to see things degrade to that point.

I haven't decided if I should call it from the dugout or the outfield. Apparently, both have really great views!

Screw green, it ain't easy being blue!

I won't be coming here that much anymore. I might check in now and again.