View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 15, 2009, 09:45am
Official Forum Member

Angry 6U Coach gone wild

I had an off and decided to go watch a 6u game to evaluate the youth umpires. While I was there the BU called the BR out out 1st and all of a sudden the OC come running across the field and starts yell at her. Telling her how bad she was, so on, and so forth (the young blue was only 15, the coach had to be in his late 20's). I could tell she was in horror she looked at me and I gave the eject signal. She did it and then start to walk away. The PU was also 15 and had no idea what to do so I ran onto the field stated to the coach I was the UIC and told him he had to come with me. He told me that he was not going to leave the game because his wife wasn't there and he would not leave his daughter. I told him that I respect that so I would give him time to pack up his daughter's gear and leave with her. He said nope so very politely I said you have two options. (1) Leave the park with your daughter, you are both done for the day, or (2) I will forfeit the game and your entire team can leave (elimination game). He took option 1, and the team took 2nd in the All Star Tourney.

Today I am teaching the YU how to write a report so this guy never coaches an ASA team again.

6U All Stars = WHY?