Thread: Injuries
View Single Post
Old Sat Jun 13, 2009, 09:42pm
Official Forum Member

Thanx for your replies, guys. The league is recreational w/ many bylaws and is otherwise ASA rules. Teams typically "bat the roster". They can continue playing with 7, and need 8 to start and normally play 10 on defense.

The courtesy runner rule is pretty liberal. They allow a CR for whoever the catcher will be next inning if she's on base and there are two outs. CR's allowed when someone gets injured. No D3K; advance only 1 base on wild pitch but not to home. If a pitcher hits 2 batters in one inning or 3 for the game, she can no longer pitch in that game.

The team that ultimately lost the game lost 2 pitchers because they each hit 3 batters. Their 3rd pitcher didn't make it to the game so they had to throw someone who hadn't pitched before. And that made for a long(er) game. Fortunately, they limit runs to 6 per half inning (or on continuation up to 9).

Winning team's SS took a practice grounder bad hop to the mouth and later a ground ball to the shin. Final score was 21-12 and took about 2:20 to play.

On the walk to the parking lot, I ask the league person about the two injury scenarios I posted and he said that he didn't think there was anything specific about those in the bylaws. And I didn't recall anything either. So I think we fudged a bit to allow the game to be played out. They're in the middle of a double-elimination playoff format. The losing team from today's game is done for the season.

Ted