Thread: Game fees.
View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 09, 2009, 10:04pm
Official Forum Member

I still haven't been paid (And probably won't) for a game the first week of May. It was supposed to be two games for a tournament at Team B's field, but Team A was actually the host of the tournament. My partner and I get there about 45 minutes or so before the scheduled start....no one at the field at all. It was a Saturday morning. We call the assigner's answering machine (He leaves cancellations on there), and it had been updated on Friday afternoon, so nothing about Saturday. We finally get ahold of an A.D. from another school that was in the tournament and he tells us the games were all washed on Friday. (It had not rained since Thursday night)

I emailed the A.D.s from both Team A and B. B's A.D. told me that even though they were having games at their field, A's A.D. was in charge of paying umpires. I got no reply from A's A.D. and the assignor tells me that he doubts I'll get paid because "They'll say they called the cancellation in". (Which even if they did, it never made it on the answering machine)

Very frustrating. I should be getting mileage and one game fee because they didn't call us when the games were washed.

Last edited by zm1283; Tue Jun 09, 2009 at 10:07pm.