View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 09, 2009, 06:54pm
Official Forum Member

Best laugh of the season

Thought I would ask what has been your best laugh of the season.

Last night I volunteered to do a LL game after a whole spring of HS ball and tournaments. That's where I got started and I like going back there when I can, which isn't often.

I'm PU. We had a routine ground out for the 3rd out of the inning. Except F3 can't hang onto a perfect throw and the ball winds up on the ground. My partner, who I believe is a parent volunteer, is in C. Though I wasn't watching him he must have launched into his "out" call as soon as the throw contacted F3's glove. I hear the verbal "out," and then see the ball come out of F3's glove. Hearing nothing for a second or so I look toward C and see my partner had done a mechanic where he threw his right arm across his body and pivoted about 45 deg to his left and was looking straight at the ground, not facing first base. Hs's juicing the call for all the theatre he can and missing the play.

Now the defensive coach sees this and quickly begins yelling out to his players "off the field." As the defense trots off, the batting team is going nuts and my BU is trotting back to A to begin the next inning when he finally realizes that something happened and he looks toward me.

After we straighten out the sitch, as I'm going back to the plate, the defensive coach asks me why my partner asked me for help because he had the better angle.

I'm still laughing.