Thread: Game fees.
View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 09, 2009, 04:00pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. View Post
MTD, Jr., and I belong to two umpires associations in the Toledo area.

When weather becomes the issue of whether a game gets played or completed, here are the guidelines:

1. If the game does not get started, the umpires receive nothing.

2. If the game gets started, even if it is only one pitch, the umpires get 1/2 fee. Once the game becomes official, the umpires are entitled to the other half of the fee.

These game fee rules are pure unalderated horse manure. I can live with getting a 1/2 game fee if the game is canceled before we can start the game, but once the game starts, it is a full game fee or no umpires.

MTD, Sr.
Mark I am with you

One thing this 'clown" forgot to include in his statement when he talks about money.

Umpiring is a BUSINESS. just like any other. Give the above like Fee structure to any contract worker you have dealt with and see what happens. Unless he/she is a friend of yours they will tell you thanks but no thanks.

In or association we get paid 1/2 FEE if we arrive at game site and the game gets kicked before we take the field. However, once we take the field FULL game FEE. We do not even need a pitch because suppose someone gets hurt on that first pitch when the field conditions were unplayable.

One other thing in our assoictaion. If it's a nice sunny day but one team does not have enough players - we get FULL game fee because it's not our fault the team did not have a full compliment of players.

I would not work for this association.

Pete Booth