Thread: Run or walk?
View Single Post
Old Sun Jun 07, 2009, 08:36pm
Official Forum Member

As BU:

I hustle (jog) to short right after the plate conference and at the end of each half inning. After the throwdown, I jog to A. If I am in B or C when the bases clear either by runners scoring or being put out, I jog to A. From A, I jog to B on a hit batsman or base on balls and beat the B/R obtaining first.

As PU:

If I've gone to the library or third, I jog back to the plate. After trailing the runner to first, I jog back to the plate, After breaking up a conference at the mound, I jog back to the plate. If I've had to cover my end of a rundown, I jog back to the plate when it's over.

I don't need to jog to the plate from the line to start an inning becuase when there are "two left", I take a couple of steps toward the plate when I signal the pitcher. When there is one left, I talk a couple more steps when I signal the on deck batter. By the time of the throw down, I don't have far to go,

I've never heard a coach or another umpire say of an umpire: He's an excellent umpire, he just doesn't hustle.

Last edited by MrUmpire; Sun Jun 07, 2009 at 08:39pm.