View Single Post
Old Thu Jun 04, 2009, 12:55pm
Ch1town

First of all, congratulations on moving up the ranks to work a higher level of ball!

When working 2 person we really get to see how significant the slot position truly is.

In your scenario I think the T has to recognize (from your body & head position) when you need help on those type of plays. Many times team officiating is the key to helping a partner with tough angles & getting screened out.

Even though we "referee the defense" we need to "see the whole play" while keeping as many players as possible in our field of vision.

Taking a step or two off the endline & pinching the paint usually helps me to get in the right position.

If that doesn't help me, then I make sure I call what I see & see what I'm calling. In other words, if I position adjust & still can't see it then I don't guess.

I always let my partner know, that I don't have an ego & if they see something in my PCA that I obviously missed, please come get it for the sake of the game. BUT allow me the opportunity to get it first as I'm working on a patient whistle.