View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 03, 2009, 08:19am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve M View Post
I'm not sure that I've ever seen a crow hop in the female game. I've often seen the pitcher move the pivot foot forward from the pitcher's plate and then go into the windup & delivery. The effect is the same. I'll call it when I see it.
At a showcase (IE drop dead time limit, no lineups, free subs etc) a few weeks ago I saw a male fp quality crow hop from an 18U (or G) pitcher. Was a darn fine crow hop. I didnt call it but I certainly told the coaches when the tournies start it will be being called. No one could miss it. Very unusual in JO to see such an awesome crow hop. I'm suprised the runners didnt want to leave on the crow hop like in Mens FP.

In showcases, rec leagues, and other teaching venues I may go over it with a coach or I might call it depending on whats going on - in tournaments I call IPs. Period. I have banged IPs until they pulled a pitcher. When it is illegal, it needs to be called. I pay super close attention early so I can catch them early but I pretty much watch every pitch.