View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 22, 2002, 10:13am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by Marty Rogers
Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker [B]
Caveat: Be sure, if you are being evaluated, that you know how your evaluator wants these plays called, or be prepared to deal with the consequences.
Rainmaker: I HOPE the evaluator wants these block/charge calls made "by the book," just as you described (ref the defense). Are you sugesting that the evaluator may want them to be called differently (wrongly)? I doubt if you would make the wrong call (on purpose) just because you think an evaluator prefers something else. I am asking this question on all sincerity, but just want to clarify what you meant by this remark.
Marty
Marty --

My assignor DOES want them called by the book, and I always try to do it that way (oh, dear, my nose feels a little brown this morning!). But he was discussing, at the camp I went to, another assignor who works with the local colleges , who prefers to use the travel call on the dribbler, unless it's an "Omigosh". That particular assignor showed up at that camp later that same day and they had an interesting exchange, good humored but disagreeing. From what I gather talking to other refs around here, when I do get to that level, I will have to do it his way. At least when anyone is looking.

[Edited by rainmaker on Nov 22nd, 2002 at 09:17 AM]