View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 01, 2009, 05:46pm
Official Forum Member

We play 6 man football in Texas. The field is 80 yards, but narrower -- something similar to one sideline of a regular field out to the numbers on the other side. Anyway, first downs are 1st and 15 rather than 10, 3 on the line, all are eligible -- even the Center, but he can't get the back BACK to him between his legs, and the only real difference in flow is that for someone to run (beyond the LOS), there must be an exchange -- usually a hand off or pass of some sort. What teams will do is have a receiver of the snap toss it to the real QB who then runs his play and can pass or run.

Mechanics wise, we go 4 guys with an Ump/Back, who's more of a back judge but he will come in and spot the ball on occasion and he marks off penalties. The U/B stays behind the defense and covers the deep pass. The Referee does plenty of ball spotting, and the wings have their normal duties. When I'm the R in these games, I tell my wings to stay home if they are on the backside of a play, since only they can determine if the QB went beyond the LOS for a pass.