View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 01, 2009, 04:21pm
Official Forum Member

really late to this one

Its funny to me that coaches will ask officials before a game to be sure to have "my player change their shirt because the player doesn't believe me."

I have no problem obliging, but coach you are in charge of your team, and who gets playing time. Part of the rules governing the coach is that their team will attempt to play within the rules....which unfortunately includes what is worn.

Coaches, take control of your teams. You are in charge of who gets playing time. If you have a kid that can't play any D, how long are you going let them play? It is obvious that the players don't respect you enough, if you cannot get them to conform to the rules.

A comment that I have found useful in talking with players, especially if they are thinking about playing basketball beyond HS:
"#34 there are college coaches watching you tonite, and they want to be sure that you are coachable," (meaning if you can't follow the simple rules, they don't have time to teach you the stuff you should already understand).