View Single Post
Old Sun May 31, 2009, 12:16pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by just another ref View Post
3-3-5: A player not wearing the pants/skirt properly and above the hips and/or a player not tucking in a game jersey designed to be worn inside the pants/skirt shall be directed to leave the game.

Now it' just up to a huge range of individual interpretations. I tell the captains in pre-game "I don't care if your shirttail comes out on every play, but when the whistle blows, be tucking it back in. Don't wait for me to tell you."

Having said that, we usually give a warning, (or two) especially if it appears that the shirt really came out because of an actual physical struggle related to the game, and not because the player had it tucked only a couple of inches so it would "accidently" come out on its own.
That is more of what I am used to in my games. The jersey did come untucked on the previous play. The back end of the shirt tail was pulled out. My player had no clue what was going on, and said he had not noticed until he was being sent from the game.
It seemed a little extreme to me, especially with no warning, and with it clearly happening due to the foul. I have a story even better from the following day, but I know if I post it I will somehow be ripped for it.

Last edited by CoachCER; Sun May 31, 2009 at 02:32pm.