View Single Post
Old Sun May 31, 2009, 02:18am
We don't rent pigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
My congrats to Rut. I hope that there are many more to follow.

Unfortunately, it seems that some people don't grasp that while Rut and I may disagree about certain aspects of officiating and even get into heated debates, we still have the healthy amount of respect for each other that comes from being a fellow HS official and knowing what it takes to put that uniform on and take the field/court and give our best effort only to be hollered at by the parents and coaches, not to mention all the travel time invested and the less than adequate financial compensation.

For the most part it is a difficult path that we travel. One with little glory and often even less thanks. So when one is fortunate enough to have his excellence recognized by his peers through being afforded the opportunity to work a State Championship contest, it is very special indeed.

That being the case, I sincerely hope that no one on this forum ever again disrespects the occasion of a fellow HS referee reaching this pinnacle of achievement by seeing it as an opportunity to write something negative about someone else.
I second Nevada's sentiments. Rut's accomplishments speak for themselves.
Unfortunately, here on the forum, Rut speaks for himself.

Lonesome Dove