View Single Post
Old Tue May 26, 2009, 06:03pm
Small Business Owner

After further review...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Hickland View Post
Not quite sure what you meant by this. A motion man turning upfield is illegal motion; however, if his action causes a defensive player to encroach, it becomes a false start (7-1-7b).
I re-read what I wrote and I was a little grey.
My point was it may be possible what Brandon is interpreting as a "Certified Official" shutting down an illegal motion play was in reality shut down due to a False Start. I wasn't there, if I was I could tell you exactly what happend.
For, as most all of us know, for a motion man to turn up field prior to the snap is NOT initself a reason to shut down a play (unless he encroaches) if the action of the motion man does in any way simulate action at the snap and/or causes B to encroach, the play should be shut down as a False Start.
For what it is is worth, it may have been more productive if this conversation would have occured between Brandon and the "Experianced Certified Official" at the time, at half-time, in the locker room, at the bar, or on the phone. It most certainly should occur between Brandon and his mentor.

Last edited by KWH; Tue May 26, 2009 at 06:14pm. Reason: I screwed up!