View Single Post
Old Fri May 22, 2009, 09:31pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNTXUM P View Post
There were no runners on. But are we sure that is what she asked for? This is an olympic umpire behind athe plate, she might have been asking for something else. The 1B umpire came down and talked to her, he did not just give a signal for a swing.
I posted on this as well, it was plain as day, she went to 1B umpire and said "did she go?"

I'm adding post I made on this to describe 2 different situations:

Had two check swing situations I thought PU didn't handle correctly. What do you think if you saw them? I'll try to describe.

1st one was LH batter, slapper, no runners. Moves through the batter's box and slightly moves bat forward but pulls back. Ball hits batter while she is clearly in the batter's box and ball was about halfway into batter's box when it hit her. PU calls Dead Ball and awards 1B. Candrea comes out asks if she swung at pitch. PU goes to 1B umpire who, for reasons I can't comprehend, says yes she did, call changed to DB strike. Why would PU go to 1B Umpire? If nothing else I figured they should get all umpires together on this one.

2nd one was LH batter again, runner at 1B. Check swing asked for and PU again goes to 1B Umpire. There was no steal on the play. Again why 1B Umpire?

Last edited by Dholloway1962; Fri May 22, 2009 at 09:34pm. Reason: added my post to this and deleted my original post