View Single Post
Old Wed May 20, 2009, 11:43am
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch1town View Post
Correct, the calling official goes opposite table was a new IAABO mechanic for 08-09 ie: NCAA-M. Our association decided to stay tableside ie: NCAA-W. Much to my dismay, next season we will go opposite in 3 person. I really like staying tableside as it makes communication with coaches/table easier. I don't like being questioned about my partners call just because I'm the closest & I don't like coaches hollaring across my court...

T chops is good, I like that mechanic!
It looks as though HS tries to adapt the best NCAA mechanics from both sides. Must be a challenge for those of you who work both levels.

As far as 2 person goes, having the calling official become tableside T on FTs is cool, but administering the FTs at L & going opposite??? How confusing is THAT going to be working back & forth from 2 - 3 person night to night?? Not sure about that one, but here's an idea. How about no more 2 person, period!!
Yes, it was IAABO, not just our state. I remember administering the FT as trail in my first stint all those years ago. And holding the one-and-one signal with arms extended while counting with the trail finger. You guys don't know what you were missing. At least MOST of you guys.