View Single Post
Old Mon May 18, 2009, 02:27pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalfan View Post
The guy in the video needs to umpire L.L. games in Queens. He will do a fine job, and I'm sure they need umpires and appreciate him.
He doesn't, however, need to be doing instructional videos on the internet. By doing so he opens himself up to pats on the back or laughter.
Would you go to a clinic if this youtube hero was the featured instructor? I hope not.
I have no idea how to play the piano. If I get on youtube and try to show people how - with passion - I suspect I would deservedly be ragged on some message board somewhere.

On a side note, I respect this guy and small-ball umpires everywhere. I don't have the patience to work these games, but I'm glad some of you guys do! Thumbs up!
I think the disses are a bit much in the same thread that people complain about flowerchild making disses. It would be nice if the insults would stop period and we could all share a laugh over the guy's enthusiasm combined with naivity.

I believe small-ball umpires deserve as much credit as those who do big-boy ball, because those younger kids deserve good umpires just as much as anybody else does. This Len guy probably works for nothing and they are happy to have him. He did say in one of his videos that safety is the most important thing, so even if he has stuff to work on, at least everyone is going home in one piece.