View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 28, 2009, 07:55am
Official Forum Member

Having done a bit of fast pitch wreck ball and taking my share of shots from both types of catchers (ones that are inable and the ones that wont make the effort)
Whats wrong with standing up and calling pitches from outside the normal position? (like 5 feet left of the slot on a right handed batter)
Nothing in the "rules" say we have to stand in the slot and be a human shooting gallery target, and the butt of the joke (coz thats what it is, a JOKE) of course the manual gives us all kinds of tidbits on where and how to stand during a "normal" game.
I'm not saying ive done it, but i have thought seriously about it. especially last night!!

I mean it is safety FIRST? isnt it?

This would send both coaches a strong message and protect the umpire at the same time. (because, you KNOW they have someone either riding the pine or out in right field that can freaking catch just fine!)

And you "purists".. dont gimme yer crap about protecting the "integrity" of the game. because once someone giggles and says "ooooh!! look, he got hit again" that chit is out the window!!