View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 13, 2002, 04:31pm
Do not give a damn!!

Lightbulb Pregame is very important.

Quote:
Originally posted by gsf23
That's what I was saying. You need to have that done before the game. I'm not talking about things where it may have been different. I'm talking about the exact same action. No you can't watch what your partner is doing, that is why you need to get it straight before the game and be consistant with it from the start.
We need to understand that there are officials that just have more talent than other officials. You cannot expect every call to be perfect as a crew. You do the best you can. Eliminate as many mistakes as you can, then get out. You are not going to make every game perfect and everyone is not going to be on the same page. We can all call the same things and one official will be picked on because that official made more of the calls. Especially in a 3 Person game, it is not uncommon to have one or two officials making all the calls. I have done a 3 Person game and only made 4 calls the entire game. It just works out that way sometimes. And that could have been because I just personally was not having the best game or my partners just had a lot happen around them. Either way there is nothing wrong with that situation. Call the game you see and get out. Not much else you can do in my opinion. But that is why it is always stressed to have a good pregame. That is the best way to at least start on some kind of similar wavelink.

Peace