View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 13, 2002, 02:07pm
Do not give a damn!!

Question I still do not see how you can do this?

Quote:
Originally posted by gsf23
yeah...I messed up the terminology on those. My bad. I was thinking of traveling and cary's and those types of things and those two popped into my head as things I've seen problems with.

I have no problem with calling the same game if you can, but all these thing you gave as an example, can easily not be seen by partners. In a 3 Person game, I might not know why my partner called what he or she did on a travel. It would not be for me the next time to just look for a travel when I get a chance, especially when one did not take place. The same for a handcheck. Usually the same player might be doing the traveling or carries and if they are doing it call it. But it does not mean that both teams are doing the same thing. One team might be better coached than the other. You do not want to penalize a team that their actions are completely within the rules. Do this does not make you consistent. Being consistent is calling the game as it happens. And if one player travels, you get the next kid that travels, regardless of team or who did it. It is not uncommon to have two teams playing two different styles of games. You might not have the same block/charge calls with a team playing a Man to Man Defense and the other playing Zone.

Peace