View Single Post
Old Sun Apr 19, 2009, 03:55pm
Official Forum Member

Level of Play vs Level of Pay

In my current area, you get mileage for NCAA D1 and a set game fee for D2, D3. In NFHS, we have a higher game fee for Varsity vs. JV or Middle School. When it comes to ASA, whether you call Men's FP or a 10 year old Youth game, it is the same fee, which is less than 1/2 of a NFHS Varsity game.

I don't call strictly for the money (but it is nice at the higher levels). I work from home and it gives me a chance to get outside, get some exercise and I enjoy seeing the Youth go from level to level not too mention establishing relationships with the other folks in Blue. I have a great time out there, keep communication at a high level, seldom have any sportsmanlike problems and being a people person always is a plus to help out with coaches and game management.

My question is, why doesn't ASA pay different for different levels? Maybe it does in some other areas? The ASA booking agent in my area stated to tell him what our availability was on the calendar and what level we will or will not call. Given the same game fee for all levels, my response was I will call Youth only and a max of two days per week. I have seen the Mens FP and it certainly should have a higher game fee. It is much more intense than the biggest NFHS rival games, a higher level of ball and not too mention, we all know those folks like to let you know their opinions loud and clear no matter how stellar your positioning & judgment.

Anyone else ever felt this way?