View Single Post
Old Sat Apr 18, 2009, 09:04pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDUB View Post
That is not correct. The violation is not for lifting the pivot foot. The violation is for starting a dribble after the pivot foot is lifted. Using your logic you could say lifting the pivot foot is a violation but is just isn't called until the pivot foot is returned to the floor. In both situations lifting the pivot foot is not a violation; what occurs after the pivot foot is lifted is the violation.
Then I guess the rule book is wrong, since that's were I quoted from.

The violation occurs because the pivot foot was moved outside prescribed limits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eg-italy View Post
It's already a violation. If you end the dribble with a foot in the frontcourt the ball has frontcourt status, because when the dribble has ended the "three point rule" doesn't hold any more; putting down the other foot in the backcourt is a violation.
So if a dribbler ends his dribble while straddling the division line, it's a violation in FEEBLE Rules? That's just stupid.

Quote:
I know what I'm talking about. I believe that case would be a violation also under Fed rules.
No, you don't and no it isn't. Under NFHS, when dribbling, a player is not in the FC until all three points are in the FC.

Me thinks you have your FC and BC status mixed up.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith

Last edited by BktBallRef; Sat Apr 18, 2009 at 09:38pm.