View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 09, 2009, 11:05am
Official Forum Member

And once again you produce pages of shuck and jive without the slightest hint of any rule reference to back up your position.

2-29-1...A player or other person is out of bounds when any part of the person is touching anything, other than another player or game official that is on or outside the sideline or end line.

Note it doesn't say "has touched". It says "touching". Please cite the rule that says a player who steps out of bounds has "rendered" himself out of bounds even when he's not touching out of bounds. I've cited the rule that says he's OB if he's "touching". Let's have yours. Rule ______.

Now, if he's touching then he's OB and if he isn't touching then he's got to be inbounds. There is no other status a player can have is there? He's in or he's out, period. He's out when he's "TOUCHING" (not has touched, "TOUCHING" with an -ing, touching, again referencing Rule 2-29-1). There's my first rule citing. Let's see yours. By the way, rules are listed in the book with hyphens such as 9-6-1 and 6-3-1.

9-6-1...Prior to a change of possession, or when there is no change of possession, no player of A or K shall go out of bounds and return during the down unless blocked out of bounds by an opponent. If a player is blocked out of bounds by an opponent and returns inbounds during the down, he shall return at the first opportunity. There's my second rule citing.

So how did he return? He "returned" when he left the ground and batted the ball. It doesn't matter where he is when he leaves the ground. When he leaves the ground he is no longer "touching". And by batting the ball to A87 he has had an influence on the play. This is called "participation". 2-30...Participation is any act or action by a player or non-player that has an influence on play.. There's my third rule citing. Let's see yours.

9-6-1 is called Illegal Participation. It's a live ball basic spot foul. Now here's what I predict you will do. You are going to compose a seven paragraph fiction telling me what I think I read is wrong and that my logic is not as good as yours and what you know is right and you don't need to cite any rules because we should all know you know. Come on, I dare you, cite rules to back up your position.