View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 06, 2009, 04:04pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRW View Post
I disagree, somewhat. 4.6.F states that the I.P/I.B is DQ'd, not that they are out.
You are correct. Reading too many damn things at one time.

Quote:
However, the out has to be recorded and applied to someone in the batting order, doesn't it?
Maybe, maybe not. The definition of Batting Order only addresses those who are scheduled to bat. The FLEX is placed in the tenth position of the line-up according to 4.3.B, but in the batting order in RS #15.

Quote:
Shouldn't it be applied to B1, then B2 comes to bat? How can you have an out apply to someone not in the batting order (the DQ'd FLEX)?
Good question, but not the strangest thing I've ever seen

Quote:
Slightly different scenario: If an unreported sub comes to bat for B1, gets put out at 1B, the next batter is B2. Why shouldn't it apply the same way if the FLEX bats for B1?
Don't know. Was B1 out for the play, or because it was brought to the umpire's attention B1 was an U.S.?

PLEASE NOTE: I'm not saying any of us are right or wrong, just pointing out the question raised that really isn't addressed what I would consider clear. Probably wouldn't even had raised it if Ed didn't mention it.