View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 01, 2009, 12:36pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch1town View Post
That's classic, coach! You're basically saying "go back to Africa" without saying it
For one, it would be hard to go back to where you've never been. Secondly, it would be tough to be accepted there, seeing how we were stripped of our language, culture, religion & so forth.
Too Americanized.

What I was saying is, based upon this:

Quote:
Their conclusion was that minorities in general were only slightly underrepresented and but blacks were substantially overrepresented based on the local population and the company needed to hire more Hispanics and Asians and fewer blacks. Needless to say, the group that filed the grievance was a bit upset with the result.
You might want to check your world history before you make the following claims....
Quote:
While I believe in Freedom, Justice & Equality for ALL. Hispanics & Asians still have their own countries,
Are you really sure about that? Just because there are countries that speak Spanish doesn't mean their culture or heritage is still there.

I see you're not too familiar with the history of Vietnam, Cambodia, India, China or any other Asian country.

Quote:
still speak their own languages, still have their culture & religions
Do you really think their original language was Spanish? I sure hope not...it was forced upon them by the Spaniards. There original languages are largely gone in the world....they sure don't know them.

Do you really think India would be is what it is without the British occupation? Would they even speak English at all or be Christian?

Do you think Vietnam or half of the far east chose to be overrun by China and/or Communism? The Vietnamese refugees had a choice?

Do you know how the Vietnamese alphabet came to be? Forced on them by the French since the French didn't want to understand their original alphabet.

Do you really think that most Hispanics were always Catholic? Again, no, it was forced upon them by the Spaniards/Catholics. (Read up on Aztecs, Mayans, Incas, etc.)

Quote:
and most importantly made the decision to come to America.
Are you really sure about that? Many of the "Mexicans" were here before it was part of the US. In fact it was part of Mexico when they were here and we took the land. Some that are "here" are only coming to a land that was once theirs.

Quote:
Blacks who live here (for the most part) don't have those choices.
So, what you're saying is that its OK to discriminate against non-black minorities in favor of blacks since they have an alternative?

What it boils down to is that reality and truth is usually between the point of views and not entrily as any one biased point of view perceives it to be.

Last edited by Camron Rust; Wed Apr 01, 2009 at 12:52pm.