View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 31, 2009, 08:35pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
Tell me then what the lead should have been covering if not what he called....remembering that there were 0 players in his area at the time of the foul (with one soft matchup just entering from C's area) with the cut having just come from his area while the C had 1 pair of players fully in his area, 1 pair leaving, and another two defenders and one offensive player closer to him than the point of the foul.
Which one was it, "0" players or two players? If I recall one of your fellow, "there was contact" brothers said there were two players earlier. There were two players standing dead in the Lead's area. The two players (the one that fell and the player trailing) came from the middle of the court around the circle. There was a screen that was in the circle to try to free the Kansas player that fell. All that action is easily what the C is watching. Not to say the Lead could not have seen the screen, but he had two players that might have come to the basket either to defend or catch a pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
It certainly wasn't a typical half-court set with the positioning of the players as they were...it was a mid-court thrown-in....resembling transistion play where the leads area extends a little higher until the players drop down into the lane and the T and C settle into a typical FC position.
It wasn't? Ball in the half court. Trail in the half court in-bounding the ball, all players in the half court, sounds pretty typical to me. Now during a throw-in I have no problem if the Lead extends their coverage, but that was not an in-between play. That was a play that took place outside of the 3 point line and concluded way in the Trail's area with no one covering the thrower.

You have to do a little better than that if you think you are going to change my mind. It is not happening. I have seen the play enough to try to see why the Lead could have called this. I saw nothing other than an iffy play that the Trail passed on.

Peace