View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 24, 2009, 03:18pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
Well, grunewar lives in Northern Va so I think his dismissive post has more to do with the quality of Wizards' basketball. In other words, why would anyone waste time watching the Whizzz?

I haven't watched more than 5 minutes of Wizards basketball all season and I live in a Wizards broadcasting market. I've even turned down free tickets.
Sorry I took this thread in the wrong direction. Was just having a little fun.

BNR is correct, I live in N VA and have been to many a Bullets/Wizards game over the years. They are so bad (read injured) this year, that tix are easy to come by. You can purchase floor seats (usually $145) for $20 (and I have). The Wiz are tough to watch though and they really need fannies in the seats.

Am I an NBA fan? I prefer College and HS myself, because pro athletes are pretty rich and spoiled for the most part (IMO) and the game is much ado about one-on-one, I prefer the team game.

But, I understand that we here in VA and DC have the “luxury” of having several pro sports teams in the area – and that can’t be said for all parts in the country. So, I like to take my kids to football, hockey, basketball, and baseball games when I can – just as my dad and grandpa took me. I DO enjoy the experience, for the most part (even the NATS and O’s sometimes) and it builds memories and bonding with my boys.

But hey, I used to watch Hogan's Heroes with my dad too!

Better send this before this thread gets locked!