The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: cheese (this is a completely on topic poll, sorry if you disagree)
with cheese 2 66.67%
without cheese 1 33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Mar 24, 2009, 02:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
Well, grunewar lives in Northern Va so I think his dismissive post has more to do with the quality of Wizards' basketball. In other words, why would anyone waste time watching the Whizzz?
what about the other 16 people who feel it necessary to tell me it's the nbe and not the nba, and other such garbage? damn straight it's entertainment.
Old Tue Mar 24, 2009, 02:48pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackersFTW View Post
what about the other 16 people who feel it necessary to tell me it's the nbe and not the nba, and other such garbage? damn straight it's entertainment.
You addressed grune directly. The other 16 people (and grune) made no personal attacks against you. Negative comments about the NBA were the norm on here long before you started posting.

Many here know 1 or 2 NBA officials personally and have officiated current NBA players. You will notice that no one makes any negative comments about any NBA players or officials in particular. They ridicule the entity. Why does that bother you so much?

Last edited by Raymond; Tue Mar 24, 2009 at 02:54pm.
Old Tue Mar 24, 2009, 02:52pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
nah, it's just another idiot who, everytime the nba is mentioned, has to insult it.
I wasn't talking about that post, I was talking about the Bob Crane reference from mbyron; you know, the post that I quoted.
Old Tue Mar 24, 2009, 03:03pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Quote:
You addressed grune directly. The other 16 people (and grune) made no personal attacks against you. Negative comments about the NBA were the norm on here long before you started posting.

Many here know 1 or 2 NBA officials personally and have officiated current NBA players. You will notice that no one makes any negative comments about any NBA players or officials in particular. They ridicule the entity. Why does that bother you so much?
And if this upsets you then you must be blowing a gasket about the treatment women's and girls' basketball get in this forum.

On a side note, Mick, why did you shut down your own thread?
Old Tue Mar 24, 2009, 03:18pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Quote:
Well, grunewar lives in Northern Va so I think his dismissive post has more to do with the quality of Wizards' basketball. In other words, why would anyone waste time watching the Whizzz?

I haven't watched more than 5 minutes of Wizards basketball all season and I live in a Wizards broadcasting market. I've even turned down free tickets.
Sorry I took this thread in the wrong direction. Was just having a little fun.

BNR is correct, I live in N VA and have been to many a Bullets/Wizards game over the years. They are so bad (read injured) this year, that tix are easy to come by. You can purchase floor seats (usually $145) for $20 (and I have). The Wiz are tough to watch though and they really need fannies in the seats.

Am I an NBA fan? I prefer College and HS myself, because pro athletes are pretty rich and spoiled for the most part (IMO) and the game is much ado about one-on-one, I prefer the team game.

But, I understand that we here in VA and DC have the “luxury” of having several pro sports teams in the area – and that can’t be said for all parts in the country. So, I like to take my kids to football, hockey, basketball, and baseball games when I can – just as my dad and grandpa took me. I DO enjoy the experience, for the most part (even the NATS and O’s sometimes) and it builds memories and bonding with my boys.

But hey, I used to watch Hogan's Heroes with my dad too!

Better send this before this thread gets locked!
Old Tue Mar 24, 2009, 03:25pm
In Memoriam

side track

Quote:
On a side note, Mick, why did you shut down your own thread?
Cuz it was done.
Old Tue Mar 24, 2009, 04:01pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
That's only during a dribble from BC to FC. (at least in NFHS and NCAA rules. IDK & IDC about NBA rules)
FYI, the rule is the same for the NBA.
Old Wed Mar 25, 2009, 07:40pm
Official Forum Member

i understand it appears like i'm totally overreacting, but if you look at all of the threads i've created, over half of them have people either insulting me for talking about pro sports (officiating is officiating), or they're insulting the nba just because they think outrageous things, such as thinking the nba is fake (wow).

i have less than 100 posts on here, and i'm already super frustrated with the hate of the nba. if you hate the nba, fine, but it's an officiating forum, and if i make a thread about an officiating question, it shouldn't matter from what league.

thanks to the people who actually say "hmm, an officiating question, i think i'll answer/discuss it to the best of my knowledge, regardless of what league it's for".

this thread is over as my question has been answered, but in case you can't tell, i'm not going to ignore the fact that a good amount of posts in my threads are just people who go from thread to thread looking to insult something.
Old Wed Mar 25, 2009, 07:51pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
i understand it appears like i'm totally overreacting, but if you look at all of the threads i've created, over half of them have people either insulting me for talking about pro sports (officiating is officiating), or they're insulting the nba just because they think outrageous things, such as thinking the nba is fake (wow).

i have less than 100 posts on here, and i'm already super frustrated with the hate of the nba. if you hate the nba, fine, but it's an officiating forum, and if i make a thread about an officiating question, it shouldn't matter from what league.

thanks to the people who actually say "hmm, an officiating question, i think i'll answer/discuss it to the best of my knowledge, regardless of what league it's for".

this thread is over as my question has been answered, but in case you can't tell, i'm not going to ignore the fact that a good amount of posts in my threads are just people who go from thread to thread looking to insult something.
As I've posted already....NBA-related threads have been treated like this long before you came along. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with you.
Old Wed Mar 25, 2009, 08:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
You just as well ignore it because you sure as hell aren't going to change anyone's mind. People are entitled to their opinion. You just stir the $hitstorm when you complain about it.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Wed Mar 25, 2009, 08:42pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:

Bro, if you come here to post then you better just get used to the hatred guys (and gal- julie) on here have for the pro game. Don't let it bother you. I personally love the pro game better than the college game. I believe the players are the best of the best, the coaches are reasonable (and when they're not they get chucked), the players speak to you ( I hate working a whole game and only talking to coaches, Just my personal preference), there are more plays to the hoop and if they don't drive they can actually hit a jumper. The athleticism at the pro level is just sickening and in a league all its own. When i go from a pro to a college game, it is night and day. If i'm lucky there is one, maybe two supremely athletic players on the court, but usually neither can consistently hit a jumper, and this is D1 basketball.

That being said, there are plenty of guys (officials) i would go to war with on a nightly basis. I say war because college gyms can be hectic and crazy. They are all on top of you and just breathing down your neck and that is the only thing that supercedes the pro game over the college game in my opinion.
Old Fri Mar 27, 2009, 03:13pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:

Hey Packer, you might get better responses here, at this site.