Thread: Rabbit Ears?
View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 24, 2009, 08:04am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe View Post
I agree. Personally...I would've dumped this coach.
Yeah, I could have dumped him. I didnt want to start off the season with having to explain an ejection plus I'm trying to work on that for a few years now. I'm in A - coach in the dugout and suddenly hes gone? I already know the look I would get trying to explain it, hell I kind of got it just explaining away the coaches lie that he was talking about his own wife when I got ticked. He didnt pull any more crap the rest of the game. My partner was aware he was gone if I heard anymore from him and there would have been no hesitation or 2nd warning. I think if he had breathed the wrong way my partner would have tossed him. His ice was very thin from then on.

I'm gonna bring it up at the board meeting that we need to make sure our umpires, especially our new ones, are not taking abuse from this organization. Several of the coaches (btw a few of the coaches some of you know because they post on ezteamz and heybucket but not this one as far as I know) can be a little on the rough side and we need to make sure that the support is there when these coaches are handled.

Last edited by wadeintothem; Tue Mar 24, 2009 at 08:09am.