View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 24, 2009, 03:09am
Official Forum Member

bulls/wizards backcourt violation

one of the bulls shot a free throw, and missed, and one of the wizards rebounded it. the bulls immediately trapped him in the backcourt, so he was having a hard time finding an open guy to pass it to. at the same time, one of the wizards was already in the front court, but started coming back to receive the pass. the wizard with the ball saw him and threw the ball. as the ball was in the air, nearing the half court line, the wizard jumped from the frontcourt, caught the ball in mid air, and then landed with one foot in the frontcourt, and one in the backcourt. is this a violation?

i thought the player first had to have possession of the ball AND establish BOTH feet in the frontcourt for there to be a possibility of a violation. he established himself in the front court, but he didn't have the ball. when he did possess the ball, he was in mid air, so he can land wherever he wants, right? it's the same exact thing as if you were to jump from the frontcourt, catch the ball, and then land both feet in the backcourt, which i believe is legal. did the ref make the wrong call here, along with the announcers? i say yes.

Last edited by PackersFTW; Tue Mar 24, 2009 at 03:11am.