View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 22, 2009, 01:23pm
Esteemed Forum Member

"You are correct, sir" (Ed McMahon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocDog249 View Post
While I don't have an NCAA rule book handy, I would think BI is pretty much the same as in NFHS where a dunk is legal and not considered BI. It was just an odd play where he cause it to come back out. But not BI.
NFHS 4-6 SECTION 6 Basket interference occurs when a player:
ART. 1 Touches the ball or any part of the basket (including the net) while the ball is on or within either basket.
ART. 2 Touches the ball while any part of the ball is within the imaginary cylinder which has the basket ring as its lower base.
EXCEPTION: In Arts. 1 or 2, if a player has his/her hand legally in contact with the ball, it is not a violation if such contact with the ball continues after it enters a basket cylinder or if in such action, the player touches the basket. Dunking or stuffing is legal and is not basket interference.
ART. 3 Touches the ball outside the cylinder while reaching through the basket from below.
ART. 4 Pulls down a movable ring so that it contacts the ball before the ring returns to its original position.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)