View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 19, 2009, 09:53pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I do not recall that he excluded women's basketball.
True, he didn't. But I didn't exclude men's, either.

Quote:
And if you want to express that opinion it is fair. But then do not get mad when people here put down women's basketball (which you have in the past).
I don't get mad when people put down women's basketball. I get annoyed when people claim that women's isn't as hard to ref as men's, and when people try to convince me that I shouldn't like women's. I couldn't care less whether others like women's ball or not.

Quote:
I do not think anyone in this thread about how they felt about one or the other.
No, and I didn't either. I just said that the first day of the men's tournament isn't the high point of my year, the first day of the women's is more exciting to me.

Quote:
That being said, most people could give a damn about women's basketball.
.. and you need to remind me of that... why?

Quote:
For one the same teams are in the mix every year and there are not the upsets in the women's games like there are on the men's side.
I'm not sure that the change in teams that are in the mix is greater on the men's side or the women's, but you might be right, but so what?

Quote:
So there is a different energy on the men's side and considering TV revenue and ticket sales, I could say this does not at all include Women's basketball and never did when referring to March Madness.
and that means what exactly???

Quote:
Just my opinion of course.
Of course!

Last edited by Juulie Downs; Thu Mar 19, 2009 at 09:56pm.