View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 07, 2009, 10:04am
Stop staring at me swan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmpJM (nee CoachJM) View Post
In my association, there is a "voluntary" evaluation program.

If you want one, you sign up on our website, and it costs $20. If you sign up, you get a 2nd evaluation "free". You pick the game you want evaluated, and if an evaluator is available, they "take" it. If not, you pick another date.

The write up of the evaluation ONLY go to the person being evaluated.

In the two years I have been with the association, I have had three evaluations done through this program. They were done by three different experienced guys who are all well thought of in the association.

I was surprised by the thoroughness and specific detail in the evaluations I received. I found them extremely useful and an excellent "investment". They primarily focused on area of improvement, but there were some positive comments as well. I don't think anyone was particularly concerned with my "feelings" while doing the writeup.

The leadership of the association is somewhat frustrated that more members don't take advantage of the program. More should.

JM
If I had to guess, it sounds like maybe it's an external group doing this...probably outside of the association. If my guess is correct, it's really not different than paying to go to a camp, plus you get live game action. I agree, I'd rather not pay $20...but if in your area, that's the only formal evaluation you can get from a competent evaluator, and you're interested in improving...why not?