View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 07, 2009, 07:02am
Esteemed Forum Member

Hot Women Love It When I Talk Legal Latin To Them ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
So without casebook play 3.5.6 Sit B you would obviously allow a player to wear tights. It certainly seems inconsistent to me to ban tights, but allow a long-sleeve undershirt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by just another ref View Post
Any more inconsistent than to regulate the color of headbands but allow any color for a hair control device?
How about this loophole? A player, with blue shorts, can, by rule, wear blue tights down to just above his knees. He can also wear the longest blue socks that the can find in a store, or even have long blue socks specially made by his grandmother, from the same material as the tights, above the level of his knees. The rules, other than a single reference to black socks worn by the officials, don't address socks. Ipso facto, legal full length tights.

3-5-6: Tights shall be a single solid color similar to the predominant color of the pants; the length shall be above the knee.

3.5.6 SITUATION B: A player, for religious reasons, may not wear shorts. Would he/she be able to wear tights under the basketball uniform shorts, warmups or a skirt instead of shorts? RULING: NFHS basketball uniform rules do not require that the uniform pants be "shorts." However, undergarments or tights may not be worn which extend below the pants, therefore wearing tights “below the uniform shorts” would be illegal. The player could wear long pants or a skirt as the uniform "bottom" and be in compliance. (3-4)
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sat Mar 07, 2009 at 07:05am.