Small Business Owner

Thumbs up See NFHS 9-8-1i

Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
Quote:
Originally posted by nvfoa15
BBR,

See 9-8-1k,3 Penalty
Dave, I'm aware of the two rules. But neither rule specifically covers coaches and non-players who are on the field. In fact, 9-8-1k specifically says "...not on the field." Case play 9.8.3 discusses coaches and non-players being in the coaches' box, not on the field. Our association follows the same practice as yours but like Steve stated, it would seem to me that it's 15 yards anytime a coach is on the field during a play.

Also, for those who commented that if the coach is behind them, they don't see him. Our wing officials stand on the sideline. We adjust in, if necessary. So, if he's behind me, he's in the coaching box.
BBR
Coaches on the field IS in the Rule book and it IS 15 yards. 9-8-1-i
9-8-1...No coach, substitute, trainier, or other team attendant shall act in an unsportsmanlike manner once the officials assume authority for the contest.
Example are, but not limited to:
i. Being on the field except as a substitute or replaced player.
UC-15 YARDS

Also see support in: CASEBOOK 9.8.1 SITUATION F

I concur with the others, it is becoming more and more of a problem again. Perhaps it is time to make it a POE again.
I feel for thoses of you that can't throw a flag due to a possible bad ratings from coaches. In Oregon we officially ended the coaches rating 2 years ago. Boy did we drink some beer that night!

Hope this helps