Thread: Wrong Basket...
View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 01, 2009, 09:56pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by JugglingReferee View Post
One of the five CEs are shooting FTs @ the wrong bucket.

Did Blue play "proper" defense against Red while they were both going the same, albeit incorrect, way?

If so (and I bet they did), then I think this action counts. The POI will be after a change of possession: we know this because Blue inbounded the ball after Red's basket.

When you said "some time"... do you mean that the clock hadn't yet stopped? If so (and I bet it hadn't), then the FTs for the T are still correctable. if the clock HAD stopped, then the FTs for the T are no longer correctable, and you need to jump to the blue text.

You would have had to re-shoot the FTs for the T at the correct basket, then give the team the ball for the throw-in due the to AP arrow as though they were going in the proper direction, and then point them in the proper direction.
It's not about whether the clock had stopped, it's whether the ball was dead. The ball becomes dead on a made basket.

If it happened like this:
FTs,
Red basket (dead ball)
Tie up (dead ball)
discovery

It's too late. It must be discovered and corrected no later than the first dead ball after the clock has properly started. Since red made a basket after the FTs, it would have had to be fixed during that dead ball.