View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 27, 2009, 02:04pm
Official Forum Member

2 samplings from my last month

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
I (U2) had a game once (3-man) where the U1 went on a mini-tirade at halftime b/c he thought too many calls were being made outside of our primaries (whether he had a point or not was lost behind his deplorable attitude). In the 2nd half U1 has a shooting foul followed immediately by a double T called by me. And what do you know, in the midst of all the reporting he loses the shooter and we end up with a correctable error. And mind you, after the 1st free throw I blew my whistle to see if we had the correct shooter and we still proceeded to let the wrong shooter shoot the 2nd free throw. The 2nd free throw missed and during the rebounding action there was a whistle for a foul. That's when the Crew Chief realized we had had the wrong shooter.
One game where it was a terribly played game by both teams and we get to the locker room and R says we could have done better. When pressed how, he said and I quote, "um...er...well uh...." U1 and I were able to talk after and went over plays and concluded we had over 50 fouls and the only way our crew could have been better would have been if the R would have had no calls on at least 4 or 5 occasions. Next time I worked with him he said I did much better this game than last. Go figure. I found out he won't think the game is going well unless he has the majority of the calls.