View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 26, 2009, 01:04pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up

I think the question above was whether we have enough quality officials to do 3-person, or whether we have enough quality 3-person officials to do the tournament games? IMO, right now there are not enough quality 3-person officials to handle the first round sub-regional games all on one night. Splitting them over two nights would help. But weather in Wisconsin is very unpredictable, and it would be a scheduling nightmare trying to get games in before the next round comes. Not sure of the best way to handle the 3-person dilemma, but schools are really fighting it right now, due to budget problems. Also, I think we as officials in general can take some blame, because, in some instances, we have not been able to show that 3-person crews call that much better of a game than 2-person crews. That comes from the inexperience of some, along with having to work with officials you have not worked with before. I know the theory is that in 3-person you should be able to work with any other official. But the inexperience really shows for those that do mostly 3-person games. Just my thoughts.