View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 26, 2009, 09:13am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodwillRef View Post
I believe that the 3 officials for 2 pay (the officials choice) is good to a point to expose the teams and AD to the benefits of having three officials. At the same time we can promote and get in the AD's ear about their conference going to 3 person.
No doubt. But I've said all along there should've been a plan for this, such as:

I'll take $40 a game for 2-3 seasons. It's my commitment to 3-person officiating. But there needs to be a commitment on the part of conferences and schools that the rates will go back to the $55 - $65 we're getting now within 2-3 seasons. Otherwise, what's the incentive to hiring 3 for the conferences? I know some are hiring 3 now and paying for 2 formally. Why would we want that to continue indefinitely into the future -- JV games pay more than $37.

It's not about the money first, but consideration and commitment is a two-way street.

Second round girls tonight with freezing rain due to start about 3PM. I gots a boys regular season game tomorrow and already have been told the playoff game will move to tomorrow if canceled today. Which to work, which to work....