View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 25, 2009, 03:23pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JugglingReferee View Post
Common sense would tell us that a coach will be more aware of something if an official tells him. So, by increasing the chance that a coach will not unknowingly request an excessive timeout, you are improving the game from the game management point of view.

His/Her timeout-tracking process might have not recorded a TO request, for example.
Well it is common for me to deal with multiple assistant coaches. And with that reality in my life of officiating, coaches already know their status. They do not find God because an official told them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodwillRef View Post
Do you really want to have your game end with a technical foul for calling too many timeouts?
What is so bad with having a Technical foul for this as opposed for anything else? Are you not going to call one that is requested?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodwillRef View Post
At times you have some very good points in your posts and then other times IMO you go way out into leftfield.
Funny you say this conversation I have not ever had a major debate with anyone about this in my real world as I have on this site or the internet. Actually this happen in a camp game where I was not working and some pretty high up people took a similar position that I am here and the sky did not fall. I do not really understand why this is off the wall when people that I have worked with in high school and college from multiple states do not seem to have your position on this issue. And I can tell you that most I come in contact with are probably more indifferent than I am on this issue. I guess you will just have to learn to deal with people that disagree with you better.

Peace