View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 24, 2009, 11:42am
Official Forum Member

I like the Oakley M frame, with the black slate Iridium sweep lens that's vented at the top. They fit my face well, will fit under my mask, and won't steam up or flop around when I run. I've got another pair with the VR28 lens for twilight work.

But I'm biased, because I like the company.

Years ago, a guy I trained with had a small Oakley sponsorship, to go along with the employment he got from his bicycle racing team. After a dismal racing season, of not feeling up to par, he was diagnosed with cancer. It had spread throughout his body, and the outlook wasn't good. Treatment was possible, but his then employer bailed out on his health care (effing French). Oakley stepped up, and made him an employee. Their healthcare provider balked, but Oakley threatened to pull it's deal if this guy didn't get covered. In the end, the guy pulled through, and ended up winning seven Tour de Frances in a row. Oakley never grandstanded what they did, they just did it.

Also, what they do for the military is just outstanding. The high prices you and I pay for sunglasses subsidises what the guys on the ground get in the Middle East. They're good guys.

(end of sappy story)

Last edited by kylejt; Sat Mar 07, 2009 at 11:50am.