View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 24, 2009, 10:19am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chartrusepengui View Post
The action did cause a delay - but not a minute or two to towel up some water - they actually had to move to a different court. Not the same thing IMHO. WHACK!!!! As stated before they did it to draw attention to themselves and get a "yay John" from the fans. It was unsporting.
Alright, let me ask you this - let's say the floor has a new finish put on it, and there are specific instructions to keep water off the floor until it has finished curing. Then, during a TO, A1 spills some water on the floor that causes the finish to become sticky at that spot. It takes more than a minute or two to try and dry it up, but they figure it's safer to move the game to a different court. Is that also a T, instead of a warning? If so, is it Team Technical, or is it charged to the individual? Is it an indirect to the head coach?

I guess I'm only arguing the reason for the T. If you say the T is because the game was delayed excessively, I would argue against that because there is no time limit mentioned in the rules. If you want to give the T directly to the player for unsporting conduct, I would feel more comfortable with that solution.

(Used with permission.)