Thread: Flagrant foul?
View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 24, 2009, 06:40am
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmarcus View Post
Girls game yesterday (13-14 travel teams). Blow the whistle for held ball. Both girls are tussling for the ball and both seem to stop on the whistle. But then A1 gives a firm push with the shoulder and elbow to B1, as if to say "get off me." Its a hard enough push that I cannot ingore, but it's not "violent, vulgar, persistent, savage or abusive, " as it says in the rule book. I give A1 technical, but no ejection. Is that acceptable?
I had a similar situation earlier this yr in a JVG game. But, well after the whistle, girls on the floor, and an elbow came up and BAM a girl went down! WHACK, T!

Right or wrong, during my captains meetings in G games I always, always tell them "when the whistle blows, stop wrestling." (no snide comments Mark) Now, I know the captains won't share that information, but my experience has been that girls have more on the ground free-for-alls for the ball than the boys. Just my experience.