View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 30, 2002, 11:42am
Small Business Owner

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JimNayzium
[B]
I am glad you are not offended and I have removed your name from the threads as you requested. I did no research into finding your real name, you used it it one of your threads.

I had a schedule change and after reading and considering DevDog69 thread I assumed you were not going to respond so I posted the ruling early. I'll make it up to you by posting another one.

If you use the play to win a game, then you will have done so by the rules. I might suggest you request a coach/referee conference if it is not enforced as I described.

If you don't own a Casebook spend the $6.50 and order one! In my opinion the Casebook is mandatory for any "student of the game!" Plus the Casebook is cover to cover full of plays and there rulings. (I think this book is for you!)
I would also suggest the "Simplified and Illustrated Rules Book" another $6.50 but it is full of pictures, and the "Football Handbook" (Football philosophy and fundamentals) another $6.50
The "Officials Manual" may or may not appeal to you.

Remember the penalty will always be enforced from the spot of the FIRST illegal forward pass and the key is the play must result in a touchdown to extend the period. Of course if you are trailing by 9 or more points it won't do you much good.

To answer your question YES if you this happens again on the untimed by rule you would get another play. However, Be ye forewarned that you are now walking the fine line of Rule 9-9-3 which IS Referee discrecionary!

Good luck, I am glad you like the play.
I hope this makes up for my being disrepectul towards you as some have stated.

Peace