View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 19, 2009, 01:50pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeschmit View Post
So I get a call yesterday from an unknown number. Since I am not employed currently, I thought it might be a company that I have recently applied to, so I picked up. It was an official that saw me referee a JVB game a couple of weeks ago. He asked me a couple of questions about the Varsity game, as I stayed and watched their game after my JV game was over. After a short conversation, he then told me that he has recommended me to Ron Hoover and that I should attend his camp in June. He said that my mechanics and judgement are solid enough, and I am young enough (I'm 24, btw) that he would like to see me make the move to doing some Jr. College ball next season.

I'm pretty stoked about this as I've only been licensed for two years now, and I've only done a handful of Varsity games. (I have been all over the country officiating numerous Extramural tournaments for five years though, and I have received a lot of feedback from them). He said that Ron takes into consideration guys that get recommended to the camp, and I am very excited to see what comes of it! I realize that it takes a lot of work to get noticed, but I just had to relish in the fact that he called me out of the blue to invite me to the camp!
Just a heads up: Ron Hoover is the supervisor for Women's Basketball in 3 conferences. Send me a pm if you want more info on his camps.

Last edited by love2refbball; Thu Feb 19, 2009 at 02:00pm.