View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 19, 2009, 12:50pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Exclamation I hope the coach didn't hear this

Last night we had a visiting coach who, in all seriousness, looked like he was close to 300 pounds, all stomach. He stood up all game because he had trouble fitting into the folding chairs which were the benches. He was somewhat chippy, mostly because his team was getting blown out, however we were calling tons of fouls against the other team. His team was in double bonus in the first half and again before the end of the third quarter! It didn't matter because they hit about 5% of their fouls shots. Finally, my partner T's him up and the guy was most upset that he had to try to fit into a chair from that point on.

There was a timeout right after the T and I approached my partner to ask what the guy said to him to get whacked. We were about 20 feet away from their bench. My partner told me and then said, rather loudly, "I may not be calling a good game, but at least I don't have to buy my clothes from Omar the tent maker." The coach was in my line of vision and I saw him jerk his head around toward us. It appeared to me that he heard that comment. But then he immediately turned back toward his team, so maybe he didn't.

Anyway, he never said anything about it. Fortunately, I was able to control myself and didn't laugh out loud. Oh yeah, home team won by almost 40.